[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: <email@example.com>
- Subject: Assignment algorithm?
- From: Harsha Narayan <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 03:02:06 -0800 (PST)
- Delivered-to: mailing list email@example.com
- Mailing-list: contact firstname.lastname@example.org; run by ezmlm
I did not understand how a block gets picked - is it first fit or best
fit or worst fit or a combination of these?
From Section 7.1 of Northstar 1.6 documentation:
"lowest network number" => first fit.
"highest ranking" => worst or best fit. (ranking is determined by the size
of the allocation).