Re: Search Function

On Monday 18 March 2002 14:01 pm, Andrew Staples wrote:
> I must be missing something working through the demo.  The demo has
> 192.168.0.0/28 allocated to the owner "Test Owner", as well as a sub-entry
> for 192.168.0.0/29.  I tried to test finding open/unused netblocks,
> specifically hoping to find 192.168.0.8/29.  The search failed using both
> /29 and 255.255.255.248 as entries in the network field.

The search function is used to look up existing objects, not for looking up
available blocks.. this shouldn't be too hard to add though.. I will add it
to my TODO list.

> So, I used the allocation wizard.  However, this finds just the first
> available block of all the demo blocks.  When I filter based on "Test
> Owner", it skips to the 200.10.10.0 block.

This is the right behaviour, version 1.6 will have block priorities so that
you can set one block to be preferred over another during the auto allocation.

> I would like the search function to be able to list all available blocks
> based on netmask, filtered possible by network block. Is this possible?

In the current version no, however as I said above i'll look into adding a
section under search to do this.  Also, as a note you can view all available
subnets that can be assigned by clicking the Add Subnet option to the right
of the block in the network view.

> On another issue, I've noticed that the wizard allows allocations of
> 192.168.0.8/27 (for example).  Could we get an option to only allow
> allocations/assignments of routable netblocks?

I'll add this to my list

--
| Hitesh Patel                    |  Lead Developer            |